Mutual Responsibility Contract
The EOPS program’s primary goal is to encourage the enrollment, retention and transfer of students disadvantaged by language, social, economic and educational circumstances, and to facilitate the successful completion of their goals and objectives in college. EOPS agrees to provide some or all of the following services:
- Academic, Career, Personal Counseling
- Textbook Service/Voucher
- Priority Registration
- Tutoring/Study Skills Assistance
- Cash grants when available
- Graduation cap and gown
- Progress Monitoring
- Transfer and University Fee Waiver Assistance
- Career Exploration
- Academic Support Workshops
Your educational needs are our primary concern. In order to meet those needs, this contract outlines your and the program’s responsibilities. By adhering to this contract, you will be actively participating in meeting your educational and career goals. As an EOPS student, I agree to do the following in order to maintain my eligibility:
- Enroll and successfully complete 12 or more approved units per semester.
- Make academic progress toward your education goal.
- Meet with an EOPS counselor, Director and/or peer advisors a minimum of three (3) times every semester. Each appointment must be at least two (2) weeks apart.
- Return a completed progress report every semester by the deadline.
- Enroll in classes during the EOPS priority registration period. Go to Student Information System
- Enroll and complete all classes on my EOPS student educational plan (SEP). If I want to make any changes to my class schedule or educational plan, I will obtain approval from my EOPS counselor.
- Maintain at least a 2.0 GPA every semester.
- If I am on academic or progress probation, I agree to contact my counselor immediately.
- Utilize tutoring services if I have difficulty in my classes.
- Attend all workshops required by my counselor.
- Notify the EOPS/CARE Office if I change my phone number.
- If I cannot attend a counseling appointment, I will contact the EOPS Office in advance.
- After Earning seventy (70) degree applicable units or have been in EOPS for six (6) consecutive semesters, I will no longer be eligible for EOPS.
- If I become inactive, I will need to reapply.