Los Angeles Mission College is committed to the success of its students. The College provides accessible, high-quality learning opportunities in a culturally and intellectually supportive environment by:
- Offering services and programs leading to certificates and undergraduate degrees, as well as programs in basic skills, general education, career technical education, and for transfer.
- Educating students to become critical thinkers and lifelong learners.
- Ensuring that all programs and services are continuously evaluated and improved to support student learning and achievement.
- Making traditional and distance education learning opportunities available to enhance the health and wellness of the diverse communities it serves.
- Taking deliberate actions to promote diversity, equity, and anti-racism in order to create a safe and inclusive environment for students, faculty, and staff.
Race, Equity, and Inclusion
Statement of Affirmation
We – the Los Angeles Mission College Faculty, Classified Professional Staff, and Administration – are unified in our commitment to end institutional discrimination and racism. We pledge to address the inherent racism that is rooted in our society’s major institutions, including our very own educational system. Further, we promise to examine our personal role in creating an anti-racist academic environment, and we ask others to join us in our mission to dismantle the systemic barriers which create additional challenges for our students based on:
- gender identity and expression
- national origin
- socioeconomic status
- ability or differing abilities
- religion or belief system
- physical appearance
- intersections of these identities
We acknowledge our presence on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of native tribes and recognize the Tataviam people as the traditional land caretakers of Tovaangar (San Fernando Valley, Los Angeles Basin, and South Channel Islands).
We are committed to closing all existing equity gaps and strive to achieve equality for the success of all students.
We affirm the importance of diversity and will dedicate our efforts to creating an inclusive and supportive environment for all members of our community.
We strive to ensure respectful dialogue at all times as well as language that is responsible and sensitive to the opinions of others, in and outside the classroom.
We recognize our purpose as facilitators in helping students achieve their goals and will support and empower them on their academic paths.
We respect academic freedom and promote a community that provides opportunities for collaboration and enrichment so that all voices and ideas can be heard, respected, and supported.
Los Angeles Mission College is committed to maintaining high academic standards, promoting student success, and creating opportunities for life-long learning. The College will inspire students to become informed, active citizens who recognize and appreciate the common humanity and goals of all people through diverse curricula, and through cultural, academic, athletic, and artistic events. The college will practice an honest, collegial, and inclusive decision-making process that respects the diversity and interdependence of the college, student body, and community LAMC is privileged to serve.
- The pursuit of excellence in all our endeavors.
- Intellectual curiosity and the desire to learn.
- An appreciation of diversity that fosters mutual respect and solidarity.
- Integrity and collegiality in all our interactions.
- Providing a safe space for all campus community members to feel welcomed, accepted, and supported. fosters mutual respect and solidarity.
Our Mission is Your Success.