Undocumented individuals, T and U visa holders, U.S. citizens, and lawfully present immigrants that meet eligibility criteria can apply for a California Tuition Exemption Request. Individuals with international student visas, or other “non-immigrant” statuses are not eligible to apply.
To be considered for the nonresident tuition exemption under SB 68, students must meet 2 requirements:
- Length of time & coursework completed per school; and
- Degree Completion, Unit Requirements or a GED
Students who are citizens and residents of a foreign country, and who are legally precluded from establishing residency in California shall be entitled to exemptions from non-resident fees on the basis on individual financial need in accordance with regulations adopted by the Chancellor. Such individual exemptions shall not be granted in excess of ten percent (10%) of the district’s students who are both citizens and residents of a foreign country in the applicable term.
- Foreign Citizen (not a US Citizen).
- Are legally prohibited from establishing residency in California
- Meet the financial assistance requirement.
- Are enrolled in at least one (1) credit course.
Be sure to complete and submit a Nonresident Tuition Waiver from Dream Resource Center (Fill-able file below).
Nonresident Tuition Fee Waiver
For residency questions or information, please contact your home-campus Admissions and Records.