Getting Started as an Online Student!
As you begin to explore online learning, Mission Online would like to provide some advice and resources to help you get started!
Start to think about how and where you will work online!
- If you have a computer and WiFi at home, start to think about where you will be able to concentrate and complete your coursework.
- You also will have the option of using your smartphone to access Canvas, though a computer using the Chrome browser is the best option when available. For now, download the Canvas Student App from your phone or tablet's App Store.
- If you don't have a computer and WiFi at home, start to make arrangements to access these resources.
Canvas Quick Reference:
- Take a moment to review this video guide to get an overview of Canvas.
- Canvas tutorial and login information.
Zoom Quick Reference:
Take a moment to review this guide to get an overview of Canvas.
Start to Plan Your Time
- One thing to know is that some instructors will still hold class at the scheduled time, it will just be online through web-conferencing rather than in person. So, it's a good idea to keep your scheduled class times designated for interacting online with your instructor and other students.
- Successful online learning also requires time management and other skills. Check out this article for tips on succeeding with online learning.
ASK FOR HELP!
There are many resources available to you and Mission College wants you to succeed!
- Visit the LAMC Welcome Center and get assistance with general questions about registering for classes, getting started with Canvas, or -- just about anything you need! (=
Need Tutoring Assistance?
- Visit the Learning Resource Center for more information.