- How Do I Make An Appointment With The Counselor or Career Coaches?
We are currently offering virtual counseling sessions through our homepage, where you will find the contact information of our staff. If one of our Career Coaches and Counselor is online then you can knock on their door to chat with them, if not you can send them an offline message and they will respond to you as soon as possible. You can also contact us via email or phone.
- Where Is The Career Center Located?
The Career Center is currently working remotely and providing services virtually.
- What Services Does The Career Center Provide?
We offer: Career and Major Exploration, Resume Reviews, Interview Prep, Networking Tips, Job Preparation Workshops, Career, Job & Major Fairs, Online Job Portals, And Transfer Preparation/Guidance.
- How Do I Look for Jobs, Internships, And Volunteer Opportunities?
Register online at: https://www.collegecentral.com/lamission/
- Can I Contact You If I Need A Resume Or Cover Letter?
Yes, we can schedule an appointment with you to meet virtually and help you create and review your resume or cover letter.
- Can You Help Me If I Am Undecided On What Career Or Major I Want To Pursue?
Yes, we can help you through our "Discover My Major" program. Contact us to set up an appointment with you.
- Where Can I Find More Information On Jobs, Salary, And Education Needed for Specific Careers?
You can use Eureka and California Career Zone for salary and education information; see our Career Center website resources: http://www.lamission.edu/careercenter/ for more information.
- If I Am Considering A Major/Career Change, What Should I Do?
If you are considering a career change, allow yourself sometime to explore the new career choice. We recommend taking a career assessment to determine you skills and interest. It is important to make the correct choice, therefore we advise you meet with a Career Coach before making that decision
- I Have Decided On A Career But Am Unsure About What Major To Declare, What Should I Do?
It is very common for students to be unsure of what major to declare. If you have an idea of a career choice, you should make an appointment with a Career Coach as soon as possible to discuss and explore majors and careers that suit your interest and discuss the majors that are related to your career interest.
- Will I Ever Be Certain That The Career I Choose Is The Right One For Me? You can never be certain that your choice is the one that you will stick to for the rest of your career life. However, through career exploration you will come closer to what you really enjoy. The Career Center offers extensive career research appointments to help you make the right decision.
- What Will Happen When I Do Decide On A Major/Career?
Develop an action plan! Our Career Counselor will help you set up a Student Educational Plan to map out the courses required for that major whether your goal is to earn a certificate, AA degree, or transfer.
- If I Want To Transfer, Can The Career Counselor Help Me With That?
Of course! After developing your action plan, the counselor will help you choose a school/ schools that best match your career/major choice. If there are certain courses required prior to transfer, it will be included in your Student Education Plan as well.
- Can I Make Follow-Up Appointments With The Career Coaches?
Our goal is to make sure you are on the correct path to success, we strongly advise having follow-up appointments with our Career Coaches if you want to discuss any changes in your plan or make sure you are still on track.
- Will The Career Center Place Me In A Job?
The Career Center uses College Central Network, where employers post job openings for LA Mission College students, you can register at: https://www.collegecentral.com/lamission/. However, the Career Center is not a job placing agency and cannot guarantee that you will get a job.