- What Are The Career Center Hours?
The career center is open Monday 8:00am - 5pm, Tuesday 8:30am - 5:00pm, Wednesday 8:30am-5:00pm, Thursday 8:00am-4:00pm, and Friday 8:30am-12:30pm.
- How Can I Contact The Career Center?
You may contact us by phone or email at (818) 833-3403 or career firstname.lastname@example.org
- How Do I Make An Appointment With The Counselor or Career Coaches?
You can either call or come to the career center to make an appointment (1 hour). There is also Drop-in appointments available (30 min.)
- Where Is The Career Center Located?
We are located in the Campus Center Lower Level, room 1532
- What Services Does The Career Center Provide?
We offer: Career Counseling, Critique On Resumes, Prepping For Interviews, Career Self-Assessments, Salary Information, Career & Major Exploration Workshops, Career, Job & Major Fairs, On-Line Job Search, And Referrals To Work Source Center for Job Placement and Other Services.
- How Do I Look for Jobs, Internships, And Volunteer Opportunities?
Register on-line at: https://www.collegecentral.com/lamission/
- Can I Come By If I Need A Resume Or Cover Letter?
Yes, either call or come to the career center to sign up for our "Be Job Ready" program.
- Do Students Have Access To Computers?
Yes, we have computers with internet access/printer access available for student use in the Career Center lab.
- Can You Help Me If I Am Undecided On What Career Or Major I Want To Pursue?
Yes, we can help you through our "Discover My Major Program," contact us to sign up for a workshop.
- Where Can I Find More Information On Jobs, Salary, And Education Needed for Specific Careers?
You can use Eureka and California Career Zone for salary and education information; see our career center website resources: http://www.lamission.edu/careercenter/ for more information.
- If I Am Considering A Major/Career Change, What Should I Do?
If you are considering a career change, allow yourself sometime to explore the new career choice. We recommend taking a career assessment to determine you skills and interest. It is important to make the correct choice, therefore we advise you meet with a Career Coaches before making that decision
- I Have Decided On A Career But Am Unsure About What Major To Declare, What Should I Do?
It is very common for students to be unsure of what major to declare. If you have an idea of a career choice, you should make an appointment with a career coach as soon as possible to discuss and explore majors and careers that suit your interest and discuss the majors that are related to your career interest.
- Will I Ever Be Certain That The Career I Choose Is The Right One For Me? You can never be certain that your choice is the one that you will stick to for the rest of your career life. However, through career exploration you will come closer to what you really enjoy. The career center offers extensive career research workshops and appointments to help you make the right decision.
- What Will Happen When I Do Decide On A Major/Career?
Develop an action plan! Our Career Counselor will help you set up a Student Educational Plan to map out the courses required for that major whether your goal is to earn a certificate, AA degree, or transfer.
- If I Want To Transfer, Can The Career Counselor Help Me With That?
Of course! After developing your action plan, the counselor will help you choose a school/ schools that best match your career/major choice. If there are certain courses required prior to transfer, it will be included in your Student Education Plan as well.
- Can I Make Follow-Up Appointments With The Career Coaches?
Our goal is to make sure you are on the correct path to success, we strongly advise having follow-up appointments with our Career Coaches if you want to discuss any changes in your plan or make sure you are still on track.
- Will The Career Center Place Me In A Job?
The Career Center uses College Central Network were employers post job openings for LA Mission College students, you can register at: https://www.collegecentral.com/lamission/. However, the career center is not a job placing agency and cannot guarantee that you will get the job.