Our Federal School Code is 012550
FRONT COUNTER - FALL 2016
Mondays through Thursdays:
8:00am - 6:30pm
Fridays: 8:00am - 12:00pm
PLEASE NOTE: Acceptable photo ID (college-issued or government-issued ID) must be presented when you come to the Financial Aid Office in order for us to release or discuss personal information.
Student Services Annex of the Instructional Building
Financial Aid & Scholarships Office
Welcome to Los Angeles Mission College!
Welcome to Los Angeles Mission College (LAMC) Financial Aid & Scholarships Office (FAO) website and thank you for choosing our college to begin or continue your educational journey. Getting a college education is an investment in your future! We want your educational experience at our college to be challenging, rewarding and supportive. Therefore, we are pleased to provide you with the information and tools to assist you in completing your educational goals. Please navigate through the various links in our website and we encourage you to visit our website regularly for updates and new information.
- Attention students! Effective February 21 log in to the new SIS system. For assistance to log in please Click here.
- Need extra cash? Click bellow to view and apply for current available scholarships.
- Attention Students! The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is available Starting October 1st for the 2017-2018 academic year. Students will need to use their 2015 tax filling information. For more information click on the image below.
- Does this look familiar?
If you applied for financial aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have an LACCD student ID number, you should receive a bright green envelope, like the one above. Once you received your Refund Selection Kit, visit www.BankMobileVibe.com and enter your personal code to get started.
Don't forget to download the Bank Mobile app to help manage your funds!
- Attention Students! You can now use your Bank Mobile card at any ALLPOINT ATM. Students are now able to withdraw funds surcharge-free at any of the 55,000 Allpoint ATM locations. For more information and locations click on the image below.
- As required by the U.S. Department of Education for schools who use third party servicers for disbursements (refunds) of federal Title IV aid (federal financial aid), we must provide a link to the contract between the college/district and the servicer. To view our institution's contract with BankMobile,a Dvision of Customer Bank, click here.
- There is still time to complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). If you will be attending LA Mission College or another college sometime between the Fall 2016 and Summer 2017 semesters, you NEED to complete the 2016-2017 FAFSA for financial aid consideration. The form can be completed online at www.fafsa.gov, which has been redesigned to make the process simpler and quicker. If you are a current student of LA Mission College and need help completing your form, call us about our FAFSA workshops held throughout the year (starting in mid-February). NOTE: The 2016-2017 California Dream Act Application (used by AB540 eligible students to apply for the BOG Fee Waiver and Cal Grant programs) is available at www.caldreamact.org.
- Are you looking for ONE BOOKLET that covers Financial Aid from A to Z in the LACCD? Download our LACCD "Helping Hand" booklet, covering EVERYTHING about financial aid at LA Mission College and within the LA Community College District. The booklet is available here.
- AB 540 students: You may be eligible to receive the Board of Governors (BOG) Fee Waiver and Cal Grants. For more information regarding the BOG Fee Waiver, click on the "Apply for a Fee Waiver" link on the left side of this webpage or stop by our office. For Cal Grant consideration and application information, check out the California Dream Act Application (CADAA) website at www.caldreamact.org. For general information regarding the CADAA visit www.icanaffordcollege.com/en-us/financialaidinfo/dreamact.aspx.
- Looking to get money on campus? Can't find the BankMobile ATM? The ATM is located in the Culinary Arts Institute building, located in the lobby area between the cafeteria and the Eagles Landing Bookstore.
- WARNING: Students who do not show up for class on the first day of their class MAY BE DROPPED FROM THEIR CLASS. Due to the limited number of available seats in many of our classes, instructors have the right to drop students who do not attend the first day of their class. And, if you receive financial aid based on classes you are dropped from, you may owe some or ALL of your financial aid money back to the school. If you receive financial aid but drop ALL of your classes, you will need to return ALL of this money to the college. To do this, please contact our office on how we can do this in an easy, efficient way.
- PELL GRANT RULE CHANGE. The federal government has imposed a "600%" LIFETIME LIMIT on Pell Grant eligibility for ALL students. What this means: "600%" equals six full-time years receiving Pell Grant (whereby each regular full-time semester is 50% of an academic year; so two full-time semesters equal 100%). Students who have used 600% or more will NOT be eligible for any more Pell Grant. YOU CAN CHECK YOUR LIFETIME USAGE: The National Student Loan Data System website (www.nslds.ed.gov) contains information about federal students you've received AND information about your past Pell Grant disbursements from ALL colleges and universities.
- All financial aid applicants are required to update their Student Authorization status at least once. You can update your Student Authorization status (regarding your authorization to allow LAMC and the LACCD to deduct non-enrollment fees from your financial aid disbursements) ONLINE through the LACCD Student Information System. If you do not update your Student Authorization status, this can delay the processing of your financial aid disbursements if you owe any fees (other than enrollment and health fees, which can be automatically deducted from financial aid disbursements).
Disclaimer: Some websites to which the Financial Aid Office provide links are for the convenience of users and are not managed or maintained by Los Angeles Mission College. The College and the Financial Aid Office do not review, control, or take responsibility for the contents of those sites.