Instructions for Accessing Wireless
View the instructions here
- Access the wireless option on your device and locate the Wifi networks that begin with LAMC.
- Choose your appropriate group;
- Students: LAMC_Students
- Employees: LAMC_Employees
- Guests: LAMC_Guest
- You should be directed to a screen to enter a username and password. If you do not receive this prompt, launch a web browser on your device and attempt to go to any website. The login screen should appear
- Students: Enter your student ID number and district portal password for your password. This is the same password you use to access your LACCD email, Canvas and the SIS system.
- Employees: Enter your district portal (aka SIS portal) username and password. This is the same username/password used for your college email.
- Guests: Enter the username and password that was provided to you. Note, guest accounts need to have been requested and approved through the Mission IT department.
- You should now be connected to the campus Wifi.
or download the pdf document below:
Who can access the LAMC Wireless Network?
Los Angeles Mission College Wireless Network is available for faculty, staff and current students at any time. Visitors, vendors, consultants, or guests can also access the college wireless network if a guest account is requested by a Mission College department or office.
What do I need to connect to the wireless network on campus?
You will need a device that has wireless capabilities using IEEE 802.11standard, over 2.4ghz or 5ghz.
Which operating systems are supported?
The campus Wifi network has been tested with current versions of Windows, Apple iOS and Android
Can I access everything from the wireless network that I can from a computer in the campus computer lab?
No, Internet is the only available resource in the wireless network. You still need to go to computer lab to access to academic software and/or printing.
Where on campus can I connect to the wireless network?
Wireless access is available in most of classrooms, buildings, and adjacent areas. Please check out online map for location coverage.
How secure is the wireless network?
In short, it is not secure!
Due to its nature, wireless networking is a broadcast-medium. You should be aware of the inherent risks of using a wireless network and use the network accordingly.
How do I access the campus wireless network?
- If you are a current student and wish to access to college wireless network, your user name is your student ID number and password is your district portal password (also used for your laccd.edu email).
- If you are a faculty or staff with Los Angeles Mission College, your user name and password is the same that is used for your college email, SIS and Canvas.
- If you are a visitor, vendor, consultant or guest with the college, you can access to the college wireless network through a guest account. A guest account will be issued by the LAMC IT department upon request from Mission College department chair or office manager. A guest account and password will only be valid for the date/time of the visit.
- Complete instructions are available at: http://lamission.edu/Information-Technology/Assets/Docs/Los-Angeles-Mission-College-Wireless-Network-Authe.aspx