The Student Equity, Access and Success (SEAS) Committee is a standing committee chartered by College Council that supports the development and implementation of all activities related to the Student Equity and Achievement Program (SEAP) and other programs related to student success.
The SEAS Committee examines policies, practices, and institutional culture with the goal of removing barriers to success for all students. It is responsible for reviewing and recommending how the College’s SEAP initiatives are addressing equity, access, and student success, including the closing of achievement gaps.
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
SEAS provides recommendations as to how the Student Equity and Achievement Program (SEAP) activities are developed and implemented with the intent being to foster an increase in equity, access, and success for all students.
- Vice President of Student Services
- Vice President of Academic Affairs
- (1) Dean of Student Services
- (1) Dean of Academic Affairs
- (4) Basic Skills Faculty: English, ESL, Mathematics, Noncredit
- (7) Student Services: General Counseling Faculty Rep; DSPS; EOPS; Foster/Kinship Care; CalWORKs; VRC; Financial Aid
- (6) Other Members: Promise Faculty Coordinator; Academic Senate Rep; AFT Guild Rep; LRC Director; OIE Rep; ASO Rep
- Resources (non-voting): Library Rep; A&R Rep; Child Development Center Rep; DE Rep; Title V Rep; Other Reps as needed
- VP of Student Services
- Promise Faculty Coordinator
- Faculty and staff memberships are 2 year terms.
- Student membership is a one year term.
- Committee members may serve no more than 2 consecutive terms.
- Each member has the responsibility to attend each meeting and adhere to the college code of conduct.
- Members with 3 unexcused absences in a semester will be replaced by the appropriate constituent group.
- Members are responsible to disseminate committee information to their respective constituents.
- The Student Equity, Access and Success Committee (SEAS) is one of 7 Standing Shared Governance Committees chartered and authorized by College Council. The Committee is authorized to form ad hoc subcommittees or task forces as needed.
- The Office of the Vice President of Student Services shall serve as the resource for administrative support.
sssc charter updated 10/8/2019