Faculty/Staff Office Online
Los Angeles Mission College has worked with the Los Angeles Community College District to provide a subscription for Microsoft's Office 365. This new system is automatically created for all LAMC Faculty & Staff as long as you are an active employee (Harbor, Trade Tech, City, Pierce, West, Southwest, Mission, East Los Angeles, and Valley). The new email system is based on the Microsoft LIVE platform, which provides several benefits to Faculty & Staff
Highlights of the new email system
- OneDrive: 1 TB of file storage capacity to store your documents, videos, and other digital files.
- Use Microsoft Office Web Apps (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and OneNote) on the internet at home, school, or anywhere with internet connection.
- Ability to Download and install Microsoft Office 365 on up to 5 personal computers, tablets and/or mobile devices.
- Upload videos, pictures, and documents and share with your students.
- Create calendar events to keep track of your assignments.
- Photo Sharing
- Click Here to Access Microsoft Office Online
Accessing Your Office 365 Subscription
1. Open your web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) and go to: http://portal.office.com. Sign on using your lamission.edu email address for username and the same password used to access your email.
|2. Scroll down to find access to the suite of Microsoft Office products.
|3. (Optional) if you would like to install office on your personal computer/tablet/mobile device, click on the red "Install Now" button after logging in. You may also quickly access the installation page by going to: https://portal.office.com/OLS/MySoftware.aspx
Office 365 Basic Instructions
This document contains instructions on logging in, using OneDrive to Upload/download documents and general file manage, sharing documents and assigning permissions and Editing Office documents