Out of concern for the health of our students, staff, and faculty, the CalWORKs Office will remain closed until further notice. There are still many ways to get in contact with us! Use the virtual window located below. The window will be open during our regular office hours. You will be able to live chat with a LAMC CalWORKs staff member during these times. Thank you and continue to stay safe!
Video chat on Cranium Cafe with CalWORKs Counter
For the past twenty-five years Los Angeles Mission College has provided vocational training and assisted participants in transitioning from dependency to self-sufficiency. The collegeâ€™s CalWORKs program continues this tradition by providing comprehensive support services for participants as they train for the workforce. The support services assist students in completing their educational programs, complying with state work participation requirements and acquiring employment. Students establish a career path through continued training and education, which leads to increased income.
What is the community college CalWORKs program?
The CalWORKs program at LAMC works as a liaison between the participants and their GAIN Services Workers (GSW) in order to provide support services. Participants are usually referred to our program by their GSW.
What services are provided by the CalWORKs program?
- Books & Supplies
- On and off-campus work study, which allows students the opportunity to meet the work requirements while attending a community college and obtaining valuable work experience. (work study may lead to permanent employment)
- Job development and placement services
- Free of charge childcare available at the LAMC Child Development Center and with off campus licensed providers
- Assistance with completion of all county paperwork
- Advocacy with DPSS and other county agencies
- Referrals to community resources
- Life Skills and Problem Solving Workshops
- Supportive atmosphere to enable students to achieve self-sufficiency
How do I qualify for the CalWORKs program?
- Must be receiving CalWORKs cash aid
- Must be enrolled in at least one LAMC course
WE LOOK FORWARD TO MEETING YOU!!
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them"
- Walt Disney