ATTENTION:All committee sites have moved to a new platform. This sites is no longer editable and is available as read-only. The new committee website can be accessed by clicking the button below. Login using your LACCD SSO credentials (same for Outlook, Canvas, and PeopleSoft).
New LAMC Committee Sites
For public access to the committee files click on the button below.
Composed of an Executive Board including District Academic Senate representatives plus representatives elected from faculty departments, the Mission College Academic Senate is the organization charged by Title 5 of the California Educational Code to represent the faculty on academic and professional matters.
Senate Roles and Responsibilities: The "10 + 1"
1. Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites and placing courses within disciplines
2. Degree and certificate requirements
3. Grading policies
4. Educational program development
5. Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success
6. District and college governance structures as related to faculty roles
7. Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes, including self-study and annual reports
8. Policies for faculty professional development activities
9. Processes for program review
10. Processes for institutional planning and budget development AND
11. Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon between the governing board and the Academic Senate.
General meetings usually take place on the first Thursday of the month at 12:45pm in the CAI Arroyo Room. All faculty are invited to attend and participate in these meetings.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Due to public health and safety concerns during the COVID-19 pandemic crisis, the Academic Senate will meet remotely via teleconferencing through Zoom in accordance with California Governor Gavin Newsom's Executive Order N-29-20 issued on March 17, 2020 regarding guidelines for Brown Act Committees. Meeting materials can be found on Board Docs.
For information about this page please contact:
Carole Akl, LAMC Academic Senate President
at email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org
COVID-19 Faculty Resources