Composed of an Executive Board including District Academic Senate representatives plus representatives elected from faculty departments, the Mission College Academic Senate is the organization charged by Title 5 of the California Educational Code to represent the faculty on academic and professional matters.
Senate Roles and Responsibilities: The "10 + 1"
1. Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites and placing courses within disciplines
2. Degree and certificate requirements
3. Grading policies
4. Educational program development
5. Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success
6. District and college governance structures as related to faculty roles
7. Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes, including self-study and annual reports
8. Policies for faculty professional development activities
9. Processes for program review
10. Processes for institutional planning and budget development AND
11. Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon between the governing board and the Academic Senate.
General meetings usually take place on the first Thursday of the month at 1:00pm in the CAI Arroyo Room. All faculty are invited to attend and participate in these meetings.
For information about this page please contact:
Carole Akl, LAMC Academic Senate President
2019 Senate Appointments
Academic Senate Forms
1. Program Viability Review Committee Documents
(pull down 2018-2019 menu)
2. Advanced Course Policy, Process & Application Form
3. Procedure to Modify Instructional Departments
Conference Attendance/Tuition Reimbursement
Syllabus Redesign - Flex Day - Fall 2018
Syllabus Redesign PPT - by Bamdad Samii
The below examples are intended as visual and content ideas. Example content may not meet department, college or Board Rule Requirements. See your department chair for syllabus guidelines.
Example #1 History
Example #2 English
Example #3 Composition
Example #4 Biology
Example #5 Math
Example #6 Finance