History 12: Political and Social History of the U.S., part 2
America: A Narrative History, by Tindall (Brief Vol 2; 9th Ed.; ISBN 978-0-393-91266-1)
Textbook StudySpace site: http://wwnorton.com/college/history/america9/brief/
If you send an email, please make the subject line read: Section#, Yourlastname, Yourfirstname
Example: 3241, Smith, Joe
HOMEWORK QUESTIONS/LECTURE OUTLINES
THE GILDED AGE
THE EARLY 20th CENTURY
WWII & THE COLD WAR ERA
- Homework will generally be submitted on the book's StudySpace website at http://wwnorton.com/college/history/america9/brief/.
- PLEASE NOTE: if you just google the book title, you'will probably end up on the website for the full version of the book, not the brief version we're using. They look virtually identical, but I won't be able to see your homework if it's submitted on the wrong site. So please use the link or cut & paste the address.
- Typically, you'll look at the appropriate chapter, click the "Focus Questions" link on the left, answer the questions, and fill in your information AND my email address, which you must get correct for me to see your homework. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Here are step-by-step instructions:
1) Consult the schedule in the syllabus to see what chapter we're reading (unless I tell you differently in class).
- 2)Click above (under "Homework Questions/Lecture Outlines") to find the chapter's questions.
3) Click the "Textbook StudySpace site" link above to go to the book's site.
4) Click on "Part 4" (later we'll move on to parts 5 & 6) to see the first few chapters for this class.
5) Click on the appropriate chapter number.
6) Scroll down the list on the left and click on "Focus Questions."
7) Ignore the book's questions, and type your answers for the Homework Questions you found below into the appropriate boxes.
8) Fill in the information at the bottom of that form and click "submit." GET MY EMAIL ADDRESS RIGHT!
- If you should ever have problems with the book's website and can't submit the homework, email me your homework answers BEFORE THE START OF CLASS. If you do that, please make the subject line read:
Section#, Yourlastname, Yourfirstname, Chapter#
Example: 3241, Smith, Joe, 5