History 12: Political and Social History of the U.S., part 2
This course is a general survey of the social and political developments that shaped the history of the United States from before the Civil War to the Present.
America: A Narrative History, by Tindall (Brief Vol 2; 9th Ed.; ISBN 978-0-393-91266-1)
Textbook StudySpace site: http://wwnorton.com/college/history/america9/brief/
NOTE: if you just google the title, you've a good chance of ending up on the website for the full version of the book, not the brief version we're using. They look virtually identical, but I won't be able to see your homework if it's submitted on the wrong site. So please use the link above or cut & paste it.
If you send an email, please make the subject line read: Section#, Yourlastname, Yourfirstname
Example: 3241, Smith, Joe
Homework will generally be submitted on the book's StudySpace website (see the link above). Typically, you'll look at the appropriate chapter, click the "Focus Questions" link on the left, answer the questions, and fill in your information AND my email address, which you must get correct for me to see your homework. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Here are step-by-step instuctions:
1) Click below (under "Homework Questions/Lecture Outlines") to find the chapter's questions.
2) Click the "Textbook StudySpace site" link above to go to the book's site.
3) Click on "Part 4" (later we'll move on to parts 5 & 6) to see the first few chapters for this class.
4) Click on the appropriate chapter number.
5) Scroll down the list on the left and click on "Focus Questions."
6) Ignore the book's questions, and type your answers for the Homework Questions you found below into the appropriate boxes.
7) Fill in the information at the bottom of that form and click "submit."
If you should ever have problems with the book's website and can't submit the homework, email me your homework answers BEFORE THE START OF CLASS. If you do that, please make the subject line read:
Section#, Yourlastname, Yourfirstname, Chapter#
Example: 3241, Smith, Joe, 5
HOMEWORK QUESTIONS/LECTURE OUTLINES
Timeline for History 12
THE GILDED AGE
THE EARLY 20th CENTURY
WWII & THE COLD WAR ERA