A Book by One Author:
- HarperBusiness in New York published Frank Rose’s book, The Agency in 2005.
- In 2004, Robert Munson wrote a book titled Favorite Hobbies and Pastimes, which was published by the American Library Association, a Chicago publisher.
A Book by Two or Three Authors:
- Loud and Clear was published in 2007 by Addison Wesley Longman in Reading, MA. This book was written by George L. Morrisey, Thomas L. Sechrest, and Wendy B. Warman.
- The Phytoseiidae as Biological Control Agents of Pest Mites and Insects, published in 2006 by the University of Florida in Gainesville, was written by Tuomas S. Kostiainen and Marjorie A. Hoy.
A Book with One or More Editors
- Editors Michael T. Martin and Grace Cray compiled the book New Latin American Cinema, which was published in 2007 by Wayne State University Press in Detroit.
- In 2006, John Sutherland edited a book, The Oxford Book of English Love Stories, which was published in Oxford by Oxford University Press.
A Work in an Anthology
- The essay “Suicide Is Not an Individual Right,” by Robert P. George and William C. Proth, Jr., can be found on pages 24-32 in Perspectives on Death, edited by David L. Bender. This book was published by Greenhaven Press in New York in 2008.
- The speech “Inaugural Address,” by George Bush, can be found on pages 424-455 in The Inaugural Addresses of the Presidents, a 2007 publication of Gramercy in New York. The book was edited by John Gabriel Hunt.
An Article in a Continuously Paginated Journal
- “How Great a Good Is Virtue?” an article by Thomas Hurka, can be found in the Volume XCV, 2008 Issue of The Journal of Philosophy, on pages 181-203.
- Susan Balandin and Teresa Iocono published their article “A Few Well-Chosen Words” in the Volume 14, 2008 issue of Augmentative and Alternative Communication, on pages 147-161.
An Article in an Individually Paginated Journal
- In Volume 20, issue number 3, of Journal of American Culture, published in 2007, Philip K. Jason wrote an article titled “Vietnamese in America: Literary Representations.” It appeared on pages 43-50.
- “How Do You Spell S(you)ccess?” an article published in February 2990 in volume 8, issue number 7, of Children’s Writer on page 2, was written by Joan Broerman.
An Article in a Weekly or Biweekly Magazine
- Diane McWhorter had the article “Since Mississippi Burned” published in the January 9, 2009, volume 32 issue of People on pages 35-60.
- On pages 50-51 in the January 11, 2009, issue of Forbes, Michelle Conlin published her article “Mass with Class.”
A Signed Article in a Newspaper
- Thomas Stultaford wrote an article titled “Americans Come Clean on How to Avoid Tummy Trouble,” which appeared on page 11 of the January 28, 2009, issue of the Seattle Times.
- On February 7, 2009, The Philadelphia Inquirer article “Minorities Want a Piece of Stadium Pie” was written by Howard Goodman and appeared on page B1.
An Unsigned Article in a Newspaper
- In the January 30, 2009, issue of the St. Petersburg Times, the article “Jury Finds Teen Guilty of Murder” appeared on page 5B.
- “Irwin Highlights Success with Hit” appeared in the February 1, 2009, issue of USA Today on page 20C.
An Editorial in a Newspaper
- “Keep Virginia’s Colleges Strong,” an editorial, appeared in the February 9, 2009, issue of the Washington Post on page A16.
- On February 12, 2009, USA Today ran the editorial “Potential Threat to Blood Supply Emerges, Demanding Caution” on page 14A.
A Government Document
- In 2007, the U.S. Department of Energy published a pamphlet titled Nuclear Powerplant Safety: Source Terms.
- In 2008, the United States Air Force produced a pamphlet titled Air Force Logistics, which was published by the Government Printing Office in Washington, D.C.
A Scholarly Article from a Library Subscription Database
- An article in the International Journal of Business, volume 34, issue 6, titled “Financing Higher Education” by Irwin Hyman, appeared in 2007 on pages 30-32. It was retrieved from the service ProQuest Direct on today’s date. The URL for the database is http://www.umi.com/proquest/. The DOI (Digital Object Identifier) for the article is 1628282.22293/33392318.104.22.1683
Online Newspaper Article
- A June 12, 2007, article by Karen Rivedal titled “Living on the Edge” was retrieved on today’s date from New York Times on the Web at http://www.nytimes.com/library/ tech/99/20. It appeared on pages D12-13. The sponsor of the web site is the New York Times.
- The Wikipedia article “Tidal Waves” was accessed on today’s date at http://www.tidalwaves.com/wiki/wikipedia_found. The sponsor of the site if the Wikipedia Foundation. There was no date available.