NEW STUDENT INFORMATION SYSTEM FAQ
How to Login to the new SIS Portal
1) If you are a fall 2017 student, go to the new portal URL at: https://mycollege.laccd.edu
- If you are a continuing student, go to the SIS Portal, login and select your district email address; you may also go directly to the https://student.laccd.edu webpage.
2) For Students, enter your Student ID in the “Student ID or User ID” textbox. For LACCD Employees, enter your SAP ID into the same textbox.
3) Enter your password in the “Password” textbox. The default password will be different for students and employees.
Student Default Password
Student default passwords will consist of:
88@ + the first character of your last name (capitalized) + the month and day of your birthdate (MMDD)
For Example, Jane Doe, who was born on July the 4th , her default password would be: 88@D0704
Employee Default PasswordEmployee default passwords will consist of:
8@ + the month of your birthdate (MM) + the first character of your last name (capitalized) + the last 4 digits of your SSN
For example, Joe Smith, who was born on August 9th, and has SSN xxx-xx-1234, his default password would be: 8@08S1234
4) Once you have successfully logged in, for your account’s security, you will be transferred to the update password page to change your default password.
How to Update your Password
- You will be asked to update your password when you log in for the first time.
- Enter your old password (Example: 88@A0101) and new passwords in their respective textboxes.
- New password must contain at least seven alphanumeric characters: numbers, uppercase and lowercase alphabetical characters, and at least one special character.
- Additionally, you may not use your prior three passwords as your new password.
- After successfully updating your password, you will be redirected to the password registration page.
How to Access your Office 365 Email
- Login and you should be redirected to your Office 365 account.
- If you are taken to the SIS Portal, click one of the email links, as seen below.