Professional Growth Committee
Los Angeles Mission College
Professional Growth Committee
Faculty Collective Bargaining Agreement - Article 23
Conference Attendance & Tuition Reimbursement Fund
- Budget – 2013-2014 - $14,610.00
Conference Attendance Fund
- Full-Time Faculty will be reimbursed a maximum of $500
- Adjunct Faculty will be reimbursed a maximum of $300
Important Time Line and Procedures
- Conference request should be made at least three weeks in advance. Late requests may not be approved.
- Out-of-State Conference Requests have to be made two months in advance as it has to get Board approval. Please complete the form below which can be downloaded from the LACCD.edu website under faculty & Staff and click on forms
- If a faculty member attends a conference without prior approval, the faculty member will not be reimbursed.
- Please download the conference attendance forms at lamission.edu website, click on Faculty & Staff then click on Campus Forms.
- Complete the conference attendance form and submit documentation:
- Proof of conference or registration
- Copy of hotel registration
- Mileage - copy of MapQuest driving directions
- Estimate the meals expense
- Appropriate Department Chair must sign the conference attendance form; not in the area designated for President or Division Head, this area is for Dr. Perez to sign, supervisor is to sign or initial to the left of this area only.
- The conference attendance forms with all the required documentation can be placed in the Professional Growth Chair’s mail box for processing
- The Professional Growth Committee members will review, and approve the funds and assign a long sequences # TM2001-TM-2999, write the correct account number and turn it to Dorothy Mundt at Academic Affairs.
- Dorothy Mundt will get the area Dean’s, Vice President or President’s signatures and forward the forms to the Business office.
- The Business Office will forward the forms to the District Office.
After Conference Attendance
- Submit all required forms within 10 working days from the end of the conference. If you miss the deadline of 10 working days you will not get reimbursed.
- Complete Travel Expense Form, and Report on Conference Attendance Form. Please type all forms
- Attach all original receipts to Expense Form. Sign each receipt and tape to an 8 1 /2 x 11 sheet of paper as it is easier to make copies.
- Make two copies of these forms and turn one in to the Professional Growth Committee Chair, Lilamani de Silva and one for your records, Dorothy Mundt receives the originals.
- Dorothy Mundt will get required signatures and send it to the District Office.
- The reimbursement check will be generated from the District Office and sent to the LAMC Business Office. The LAMC Business office will contact you when your reimbursement check is ready to pick up.
*Please note that the LACCD Fiscal Year starts on July 1st and ends on June 30th. All requests and documentation needs to be turned in within this period to get reimbursed in a timely manner.
*The funds are limited and will be available on a first come first serve basis.
*Make sure to keep a copy of all the documents.