Professional Growth Committee
Los Angeles Mission College
Professional Growth Committee
Faculty Collective Bargaining Agreement - Article 23
July 1, 2012-June 30th 2013
Conference Attendance Policy & Procedures
- Budget – 2012-2013 - $8,636.00
- Full-Time Faculty will be reimbursed a maximum of $500
- Adjunct Faculty will be reimbursed a maximum of $300
- Account Number is 10059 ZM006B 586100
Before Conference Attendance
- Conference request should be made at least three weeks in advance. Late requests may not be approved.
- Out-of-State Conference Requests have to be made two months in advance as it has to get Board approval. Please complete the form below which can be downloaded from the LACCD.edu website under faculty & Staff and click on forms
- If a faculty member attends a conference without prior approval, the faculty member will not be reimbursed.
- Please download the conference attendance forms at lamission.edu website, click on Faculty & Staff then click on Campus Forms.
- All forms must be typed.
- Complete the conference attendance form and submit documentation:
- If requesting to pay the registration fee in advance you must submit a copy with proof and write at the top of the form ‘please pay in advance’
- Hotel reservations in your name – copy of the registration
- Mileage – Attach a MapQuest driving directions from LAMC to the conference sit
- Estimate the meals expense
- Appropriate Department Chair must sign (not initial) the conference attendance form; in the area designated for President or Division Head, this area is for Dr. Perez to sign, supervisor is to sign or initial to the left of this area only.
- The conference attendance forms with all the required documentation can be placed in the Professional Growth Chair’s mail box for processing
- The Professional Growth Committee members will review, and approve the funds. The Professional Growth Chair, Lilamani de Silva will assign a log sequences # TM2001-TM 2999, write the correct account number and turn it to Dorothy Mundt at Academic Affairs.
- Dorothy Mundt will get the area Dean’s, Vice President or President’s signatures and forward the forms to the Business office.
- The Business Office will forward the forms to the District Office.
After Conference Attendance
- Submit all required forms within 10 working days from the end of the conference. If you miss the deadline of 10 working days you will not get reimbursed.
- Complete Travel Expense Form, and Report on Conference Attendance Form. Please type all forms
- Attach all original receipts to Expense Form. Sign each receipt and tape to an 8 1 /2 x 11 sheet of paper as it is easier to make copies.
- Make two copies of these forms and turn one in to the Professional Growth Committee Chair, Lilamani de Silva and one for your records, Dorothy Mundt receives the originals.
- Dorothy Mundt will get required signatures and send it to the District Office.
- The reimbursement check will be generated from the District Office and sent to the LAMC Business Office. The LAMC Business office will contact you when your reimbursement check is ready to pick up.
Tuition Reimbursement Policy & Procedures
- Budget – 2012-2013 - $4,813.00
- Full-time faculty will be reimbursed a maximum of 50% of tuition cost per committee approval
- An Adjunct Faculty member must be on the seniority list per Article 16 to be eligible to apply for funds and will be reimbursed a maximum of 50% of tuition per committee approval
- Account Number is 10059 ZM029B 586100
- The Tuition Reimbursement Form must be submitted no earlier than 30 days prior to the date that the course(s) start and no later than the end of the second week of classes. The form is available on the LACCD.edu website under faculty & staff and forms. The forms must be typed
- Submit acceptable evidence of successful completion of the course, as well as valid proof of the tuition paid by the faculty member within sixty calendar days after the course or program ends.
*Please note that the LACCD Fiscal Year starts on July 1st and ends on June 30th. All requests and documentation needs to be turned in within this period to get reimbursed in a timely manner.
*The funds are limited and will be available on a first come first serve basis.
*Make sure to keep a copy of all the documents.