At the time of application, all students are classified as Exempt or Non-Exempt from various matriculation components.
Assessment Exemption Criteria:
- Students who have already earned an Associate Degree or higher or,
- Students who are enrolling in recreational and/or personal growth classes only and have no intention of earning a degree or certificate.
Please note: Students who have assessment results from a college that uses assessments that are on the approved list of assessment instruments for California Community Colleges or have completed Math and English courses at other colleges may be emempt from Assessment. Proof of transcripts and/or assessment results need to be presented to a Counselor in the Counseling Office.
Orientation and Counseling Exemption Criteria:
1. Students who have already earned an AA/AS degree or higher or,
2. Students who are enrolling in recreational and/or personal classes only and have no intention of earning a
degree or certificate, or
3. Students enrolling in fewer than 6 units of coursework and are concurrently enrolled at another college or
Some students may be exempt form one or more of the individual matriculation components. Exempt students may participate in all matriculation programs. All other students are coded as non-exempt. Non-exempt students are expected to complete orientation, assessment, and counseling components during the first semester at LAMC.