Learning Center: Student Resources
HOW TO ACCESS Longman English Interactive (The document will take a long time to open--be patient!)
HOW TO PRINT from the LONGMAN ENGLISH INTERACTIVE software in the Learning Lab. (The document will take a long time to open--be patient!)
- NEW! Irregular Verb Forms. Use this gLINKT game to learn the past and participle forms of irregular verbs.
- NEW! Listening Practice. Use Voice of America Special English to listen to news articles while reading them.
- English Vocabulary. Learn the pronunciation and spelling of thousands of words using an image based interface.
- English Pronunciation. A step-by-step description with audio and video animation of the sounds of spoken English.
- ESL Exercises. High-quality free ESL exercises for English learners to improve test-taking skills, grammar, and writing. One section is for Level 1-2 students.
- Activities for ESL Students. Quizzes, tests, exercises and puzzles to help you learn English as a Second Language.
- ESL Writing Blogs. ESL Writing projects are going on here.
- ESL Writing Exercise: Handout on Developing a Five Paragraph Essay
- A Talking Dictionary. Encarta World English Dictionary providing definitions and pronunciation.
- Translation. Translate a paragraph into another language with one click.
- SpellingCity provides an online free site where students can practice their spelling words using fun online word games. Create your own list of words to study.
- Randall's ESL Cyber Listening Lab. One of the largest ESL listening training resources on the Web with a section for beginners.
- Interesting things for ESL students