Learning Center: Student Resources
Writing, Grammar, Skills, & Spelling Links
- NEW! Irregular Verb Forms. Use this gLINKT game to learn the past and participle forms of irregular verbs.
- NEW! Study Guides and Strategies. This web site has been researched, authored, maintained and supported by Joe Landsberger as an international, learner-centric, educational public service.
- NEW! Note-taking Skills and Test-taking Skills PowerPoint presentations. These presentations offer tips on how to successfully study for tests and write essays for exams given during class.
- Wikipedia. A big, free encyclopedia currently containing over 550,000 articles.
- Encyclopedia. Online Encyclopedia with more than 50,000 articles.
- Paradigm Online Writing Assistant. A lot of information about how to write informal essays, thesis/support essays, argumentative essays, and exploratory essays.
- Guide to Grammar and Writing. Excellent grammar quizzes, explanations of grammar points, and presentation of writing guidelines.
- Active / Passive Verb Chart. This Color-Coded Chart has examples of switching from active to passive voice in a variety of verb tenses.
- Grammar Exercises. Hundreds of free categorized grammar exercises.
- Vocabulary Learning Fun. Vocabulary quizzes and games to help build vocabulary skills.
- Touch Typing. Free Program that lets you practice and learn typing.
- SpellingCity provides an online free site where students can practice their spelling words using fun online word games. Create your own list of words to study.
- Stories for reading practice. Fifty free short English stories with grammar, comprehension, and dictation exercises.
- Translation. Translate a paragraph into another language with one click.
- How to Write a Resume. Resume examples and tips on writing resumes, writing cover letters, finding a job, and interviewing.
- How to Write a Summary. From Phil Drucker at U of Idaho. Sample summary.
- How to Paraphrase and Summarize (pdf format) or (html format). From Jerry Plotnick, Director of the University College Writing Workshop.