Positions For Adjunct Faculty
- The Los Angeles Mission College Physical Sciences Department is currently accepting applications for Chemistry and Astronomy adjunct positions for Spring 2016
- Chemistry: Master’s degree in chemistry OR bachelor’s degree in chemistry or biochemistry AND master’s degree in biochemistry, chemical engineering, chemical physics, physics, molecular biology or geochemistry OR the equivalent.
- Astronomy: Master’s degree in physics, astronomy, or astrophysics OR bachelor’s degree in physics or astronomy AND master’s degree in engineering, mathematics, meteorology, or geophysics OR the equivalent.
Desirable Qualifications: 1 or 2 yrs experience teaching at community college level.
To Apply, send electronic copies of your resume, cover letter, and (unofficial) transcripts to: Said Pazirandeh, Dept. Chair email@example.com
- Los Angeles Mission College is seeking to hire adjunct faculty to teach the following courses:
- Health Occupations 62 - Skill Set for the Healthcare Professional
- Health Occupations 63 - Basic Medical Terminology, Pathophysiology, and Pharmacology for the Healthcare Professional
- Health Occupations 64 - Cultural and Legal Topics for Healthcare Professionals
- Health Occupations 65 - Fundamentals for the Healthcare Professional
These courses are taught on campus and may be offered at local high schools in Sylmar, CA. The applicant should be available to teach at these high schools at specific hours that will be determined later.
Minimum Qualifications: A bachelor’s degree in health science, health education, biology, nursing, dietetics, or nutrition; or an associate degree in any of those subjects, and four years of professional experience related to the subject of the course taught.
· Master’s degree in related field preferred.
· Experience teaching community college and high school students.
· Background in educational methodology in Healthcare classes
· Familiarity with distance learning, certification in learning management systems such as Canvas.
· Ability to instruct students with widely varying learning styles using a variety of successful teaching techniques, including creating innovative academic learning environments.
· Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, ethnic, and cultural backgrounds of high school and community college students, including those with physical and/or learning disabilities.
Please email your resume to Dr. Par Mohammadian at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Los Angeles Mission College is seeking to hire adjunct faculty with a registered nursing (RN) degree to teach courses in Nursing Assistant and Home Health Aide Training programs with the following qualifications:
1) One (1) year nursing experience as a licensed nurse providing direct patient care in a long term care facility in addition to one (1) year of experience planning, implementing and evaluating educational programs in nursing or
2) Two (2) years of full time experience as a licensed nurse, at least one (1) year of which must be in the provision of direct patient care in a nursing facility (also long term care facility) with a minimum of twenty-four (24) hours of continuing education courses in planning, implementing and evaluation education programs in nursing. These must be courses approved by the Board of Nursing or courses administered by an accredited educational institution.
Please email your resume to Dr. Par Mohammadian, email@example.com, and include the following information and format:
a. Nursing work experience with time frames from mm/dd/yy to mm/dd/yy.
b. Name of employer (noting if the health care facility is a skilled nursing facility, hospital, clinic, etc.)
c. Address of employer.
d. Name of the immediate supervisor that the applicant reported to while working for the employer.
e. Contact telephone number of HR or administration to validate the work experience.
f. A minimum of twenty-four (24) hours of continuing education courses in planning, implementing and evaluation of educational programs in nursing. These courses must be approved by the Board of Registered Nursing or courses administered by an accredited educational institution.
g. School where the RN degree was obtained.
h. CNA/HHA teaching experience with time frames from mm/dd/yy to mm/dd/yy.