An ITV course is composed of three distinct components--class meetings, instructional video lessons, and a class website. These components enhance the learning process by utilizing different methods of conveying the course material.
- The only time specific requirement.
- Class meetings are conducted on weekends.
- Class meetings are available on four campuses for each class.
- Attend the class meetings that are most convenient for you.
- There are seven three-hour class meetings for each course.*
- The same instructor teaches at each campus.
*(Winter is Five Weeks)
Instructional Video Lessons
- Each video broadcasts for two hours a week for 8-Week classes.
- Typically, each course has 26 half-hour video lessons.
- Videos broadcast on cable channel LA36 in the City of Los Angeles.
- Videos can be taped and watched at the student's convenience.
- Videos are available at Pierce Bookstore
- Students can find the syllabus, course objectives & course requirements on the class Web site.
- Students participate in interactive Web site activities including quizzes, discussions, assignments, etc.
- Students and instructor can interact with each other on-line.
- Ideal for motivated students with basic computer skills competency.