How to Register and Sign in to MyLab / Mastering (Mathematics 125 and 227)
*Effective Fall 2013 all ITV Math Courses will be using MyLabs Plus. Click Here for instructions on accessing MyLabs Plus.
In order to register for the required MyMathLab online course component, you must have:
* A valid email address
* Course ID for Math 125 or 227 - located in the course information under the correct semester at:
* Student access code
Where do I get a Student Access Code?
A student access code is bundled with the textbook. However, you do not need the textbook to take the class.
The access code may be purchased online from MyLab / Mastering. You will be given the option to purchase
your access code during the MyLab / Mastering registration process which is detailed below.
MyMathLab Installation Wizard / Browser Check
You can view the system requirements and access the Installation Wizard / Browser Check you need
directly from your MyMathLab course. For convenience, you can use the link below to access the
Installation Wizard / Browser Check for your course by choosing your textbook from the drop down menu
on the page.
Step 1. Register for your course
To register for your instructor’s online MyLab or Mastering course, follow these steps:
1. From the MyLab / Mastering home page, click Student under Register.
2. Enter the course ID, and click Continue.
* If you don’t have a course ID yet, contact your instructor.
* If the course ID you enter is not recognized, you may need to register through a different
Pearson website. A list of programs will be provided from which to choose.
3. Sign in or create an account:
* First, check the information on the right side of the page to ensure you are registering for the
correct course. If not, click Enter a different course ID.
* Next, you will sign in or create an account.
* You already have a Pearson account if you have used one of our online products before.
(See a list of programs). Enter your username and password and click Sign In.
* If you think you have a Pearson account, but can’t remember your sign-in information,
click Forgot your username or password. An email will be sent, so we suggest
checking your account information before you begin your course registration
* If you don’t have an account, click Create. You will create a username and password and
add your contact information. Read and accept the license agreement; you can also
choose to help improve Pearson products and learn about new offers.
Click Create an Account. You now have a Pearson account! The username and password
you just created can be used for all your Pearson online products.
4. Pay for access to your instructor’s online course.
* If you already bought your access code, either bundled with your textbook or as an access
code kit sold individually, click Access Code. Enter your access code, one word in each box,
and click Finish.
* To use a credit card or PayPal, instead of an access code, click the button for the access
Note: Some courses provide the option to purchase with or without the eText. The integrated
eText is a very powerful, flexible tool and, though you can buy the eText later, it costs less to
buy the course content + eText up front.
Next, enter billing and payment information, then review and submit your order.
Note: If using a parent’s credit card be sure to use the correct billing address and put your
name in the Your Name field—not the cardholder’s name.
* If you’re waiting for financial aid, click Get temporary access without payment for 17
days, which is near the bottom of the Payment Options page.
Click Yes when a message appears asking if you are sure you want temporary access. You will
receive an email with payment instructions.
Note: To stay in your course, use an access code, credit card, or PayPal before the temporary
access ends. If you don’t pay within 17 days, you will lose access to your instructor’s online
course and may miss deadlines or important notices from your instructor. Once you pay for
full access, you are reconnected to coursework already completed.
* You will receive a confirmation page with your account and course information. Click Go to
Your Course to start your work.
Step 2. Sign in
Once you have registered for your instructor’s online course, you can sign in anytime:
1. From the MyLab / Mastering home page, click Sign in.
2. Enter your Pearson account username and password, and click Sign in.3. Your course is listed in the MyLab / Mastering New Design section of the page. Clicking the
course title will take you to the course content.
You can also view announcements and link to other Pearson courses and products you are using.
4. From the course home page, you will use the course menu to navigate.
E-mail your instructor once you have successfully signed in to the course.Questions? Contact your instructor during Office Hours, at the Class Meeting or send an e-mail
to the instructor.
For MyLab / Mastering Technical Support and Live Chat, click the link below: