Revised October 17, 2011
The Higher Education Act of 1965 (HEA), as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008 (HEOA) which signed into law on August 14, 2008, mandates colleges to provide disclosure and reporting requirements in a variety of formats. A disclosure requirement is information that we distribute or make available to another party, such as students or employees. A reporting requirement is information we submit to the U.S. Department of Education or other agencies. Sometimes disclosure and reporting requirements overlap. Some topics require the college to make information available to students as well as submit information to the U.S. Department of Education. Therefore, this web page documents that Los Angeles Mission College attempts to meet these disclosure and reporting requirements.
General Institutional Information
- Los Angeles Mission College’s School profile on the National Center for Education Statistics web site at www.nces.ed.gov/collegenavigator is a comprehensive site maintained by the U.S. Department of Education which provides information about the college such as:
- General campus information
- Student Race/ethnicity and gender
- Program completion
- Retention Rates
- Overall graduation rate and transfer-out programs/majors
- The Los Angeles Mission College Office of Institutional Research & Planning provides information such as but not limited to: student enrollment, student characteristics, transfer information, majors and programs, etc. For additional information, visit the Office of Institutional Research & Planning website at www.lamission.edu/irp/default.aspx
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (coming soon!)
- Admissions and Records: www.lamission.edu/admissions/
- Refund Policy:
A full refund can be issued to a student under the following conditions:
- Classes were dropped within the allotted time period and/or drop date deadline.
- No other outstanding fees from previous semester (s).
- Fees were paid by check, cash or credit card.
Students with fee waivers or the Board of Governors Fee Waiver (BOG) do not qualify for a refund unless advance payments in cash, check or credit card were made prior to the fee waiver or BOG approval.
Cash refunds can be issued on the same day the fees were paid; otherwise all other refunds are issued either by check or credit card. Students are required to provide the same credit/debit card used in the original transaction in order to receive a refund.
Student holds such as enrollment fee, emergency/book loans, unpaid financial aid overpayments Business Office “G" holds (e.g., returned check) from LAMC and any other colleges within the college district may delay and/or prevent issuance of refunds. Students should contact the college Business Office where the holds are for proper advisement.
Students who are cross-enrolled in other college(s) within the district can only request a refund from the school where payment was originally made.
International or Foreign student refunds are to be approved by the International Student Office before it is submitted to the Business Office.
Refunds are not processed automatically and must be requested in person, by fax or mail. Fee refunds from prior semester cannot be rolled over or applied to future enrollment fees.
- Voter Registration: Visit http://regrec.co.la.ca.us for information on voter registrtion for the Los Angeles County area.
- Financial Aid Information
- The Los Angeles Mission College Financial Aid Office provides information to prospective and current students on the financial aid application process, eligibility requirements, availability of financial aid programs, dates and deadlines and more. For more information, contact the office at (818) 364-7650 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We also encourage students to visit the website at www.lamission.edu/financialaid
- Net Price Calculator: In accordance with the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008, Los Angeles Mission College is providing all current and prospective students and parents with this Net Price Calculator (NPC). The NPC will provide you with an estimated net price for attending Los Angeles Mission College based on the student's individual circumstances. Go to https://webprod.cccco.edu/npc/743/npcalc.htm.
- Cost of Attendance: (direct fee costs associated with attending Los Angeles Mission College) Information is located at www.lamission.edu/services/businessoffice/fees.aspx.
- Requirements when dropping or withdrawing classes (coming soon!)
- Return to Title IV Policy (coming soon!)
- The Disabled Student Programs & Services (DSPS) Office is a support system that enables students to fully participate in the college's regular programs and activities. For more information, contact the office at (818) 364-7732 or visit their website at www.lamission.edu/dsps/default.aspx.
- The Student Health Center is available to students to utilize for a variety of medical needs. For more information, contact the office at (818) 362-6182 or visit their website at www.lamission.edu/healthcenter/.
- Gainful Employment Programs: This information provides students with information on various career and technical programs available at Los Angeles Mission College. Visit the website at www.lamission.edu/careers/programs.aspx for program disclosure information.
- Campus Safety: Visit www.lamission.edu/sheriffs/ for additional information.
- Emergency Response and Evacuation Procedures: (coming soon!)
- Student Grievance and Complaint Process: Students should refer to Student Grievance Procedure in the current College Catalog (available online at www.lamission.edu/schedules/1112Catalog/LAMCCatalog2011-2012.pdf), located under the District Policies subsection, under the District Information section. Information covered in this section of the catalog refers to ways to receive Informal Resolution and/or Formal Resolution at the campus level or district level. Also, if requested, assistance through the California Community Colleges Chancellor's Office complaint process is available, AFTER all other available campus-level and district-level options have been exhausted, by visiting http://californiacommunitycolleges.cccco.edu/ComplaintsForm.aspx.
- Athletics: Visit www.lamission.edu/athletics/ for information on our Athletics programs.
- Bookstore: Visit www.lamissionbookstore.com/ for additional information.