FAX #: 818.364.7708
Our Federal School Code is 012550
(as of August 17, 2015)
Mondays through Thursdays:
8am - 2pm & 5pm - 6:45pm
Fridays: 8am-12pm (noon)
PLEASE NOTE: Acceptable photo ID (college-issued or government-issued ID) must be presented when you come to the Financial Aid Office in order for us to release or discuss personal information.
Student Services Annex of the Instructional Building
Financial Aid & Scholarships Office
Welcome to Los Angeles Mission College!
Welcome to Los Angeles Mission College (LAMC) Financial Aid & Scholarships Office (FAO) website and thank you for choosing our college to begin or continue your educational journey. Getting a college education is an investment in your future! We want your educational experience at our college to be challenging, rewarding and supportive. Therefore, we are pleased to provide you with the information and tools to assist you in completing your educational goals. Please navigate through the various links in our website and we encourage you to visit our website regularly for updates and new information.
- The Financial Aid Office will be closed November 26th & 27th. The Office hours for Monday, November 30th through Thursday, December 3rd are 8:00am-2:00pm and Friday, December 4th 8:00am-12:00pm. Happy Thanksgiving.
- The 2015-2016 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is NOW AVAILABLE. If you will be attending LA Mission College or another college sometime between the Fall 2015 and Summer 2016 semesters, you NEED to complete the 2015-2016 FAFSA for financial aid consideration. The form can be completed online at www.fafsa.gov, which has been redesigned to make the process simpler and quicker. If you are a current student of LA Mission College and need help completing your form, call us about our FAFSA workshops held throughout the year (starting in mid-February). NOTE: The 2015-2016 California Dream Act Application (used by AB540 eligible students to apply for the BOG Fee Waiver and Cal Grant programs) is available at www.caldreamact.org.
- Are you looking for ONE BOOKLET that covers Financial Aid from A to Z in the LACCD? Download our LACCD "Helping Hand" booklet, covering EVERYTHING about financial aid at LA Mission College and within the LA Community College District. The booklet is available here.
- Need help using your NEW student.laccd.edu email? Click here for a tutorial on how to access and use your LACCD email. Note: All notices regarding your financial aid will now be sent to your student.laccd.edu account. Please check your LACCD email often or consider forwarding student emails to a personal account.
- AB 540 students: You may be eligible to receive the Board of Governors (BOG) Fee Waiver and Cal Grants. For more information regarding the BOG Fee Waiver, click on the "Apply for a Fee Waiver" link on the left side of this webpage or stop by our office. For Cal Grant consideration and application information, check out the California Dream Act Application website at www.caldreamact.org.
- Looking to get money on campus? Can't find the Higher One ATMs? We have two ATMs on campus - one is in the lobby area of the Campus Center (near the stairwell) and the other is in the Culinary Arts Institute building, located in the lobby area between the cafeteria and the Eagles Landing Bookstore. Remember: There are NO FEES charged to use your myLACCDcard at the Higher One ATMs. Also, your myLACCDcard can be used at any merchant that accepts MasterCard (just remember to select "credit" so you can SWIPE AND SIGN and avoid fees for making purchases with your PIN).
- WARNING: Students who do not show up for class on the first day of their class MAY BE DROPPED FROM THEIR CLASS. Due to the limited number of available seats in many of our classes, instructors have the right to drop students who do not attend the first day of their class. And, if you receive financial aid based on classes you are dropped from, you may owe some or ALL of your financial aid money back to the school. If you receive financial aid but drop ALL of your classes, you will need to return ALL of this money to the college. To do this, please contact our office on how we can do this in an easy, efficient way.
- UPDATE: NEW PELL GRANT RULES ARE IN EFFECT. Starting with the Fall semester, the federal government has imposed a "600%" LIFETIME LIMIT on Pell Grant eligibility for ALL students. What this means: "600%" equals six full-time years receiving Pell Grant (whereby each regular full-time semester is 50% of an academic year; so two full-time semesters equal 100%). Students who have used 600% or more will NOT be eligible for any more Pell Grant. We will be sending special emails/letters to students who have (a) used 450-499% (a "warning" letter indicating they have a little more than one year of remaining eligibility), (b) who have used 500-599% (indicating they have less than one year), or (c) who have used 600% or more (indicating they have used ALL of their lifetime eligibility). YOU CAN CHECK YOUR LIFETIME USAGE: The National Student Loan Data System website (www.nslds.ed.gov) contains information about federal students you've received AND information about your past Pell Grant disbursements from ALL colleges and universities.
- QUICK REMINDER: FILING THE FAFSA IS FREE!
If you receive an email, letter, or call from an organization offering to help you with completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, BEWARE! The FAFSA is a FREE FORM available directly through the U.S. Department of Education's FAFSA website (www.fafsa.gov).
We have received information from another school that there is a company in California sending letters to students and parents requesting a $59 fee in order to process financial aid. The company's logo may look like the logo from the U.S. Department of Education, but this company is NOT ASSOCIATED with the FAFSA program!
If you receive emails, letters, or calls from such organizations and have questions, please feel free to stop by or call our Financial Aid Office for advice. No one is required to pay to file a FAFSA: it's FREE!
- All financial aid applicants are required to update their Student Authorization status at least once. You can update your Student Authorization status (regarding your authorization to allow LAMC and the LACCD to deduct non-enrollment fees from your financial aid disbursements) ONLINE. Need help in completing the process? Check out our online tutorial here! If you do not update your Student Authorization status, this can delay the processing of your financial aid disbursements if you owe any fees (other than enrollment and health fees, which can be automatically deducted from financial aid disbursements).
- Does this look familiar?
If you applied for financial aid through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have an LACCD student ID number, you should receive a bright green envelope that looks like the one above. Inside you will find your myLACCDcard, which serves as your key to selecting your financial aid disbursement preference at LA Mission College and throughout all the other LACCD colleges.
If you receive your myLACCDcard, visit www.myLACCDcard.com and enter your card number to get started. Have questions? FIRST: READ ALL of the information in your envelope. SECOND: check out www.myLACCDcard.com, where you can find out about the card, the process, and what Higher One and LAMC are offering for our students. THEN, if you still have questions or need help, stop by the Financial Aid Office or give us a call.
- Need help completing your 2015-2016 FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)? Come to our CASH FOR COLLEGE event on SATURDAY, JANUARY 31st! We are holding our annual Cash for College event on Saturday, January 31st in the Culinary Arts Institute (Cafeteria). Learn about the FAFSA (and California Dream Act application) and get assistance in completing your application. No need to RSVP! Just show up at 9am! (continental breakfast will be served).
- The Financial Aid Office will be closing at 1pm on WEDNESDAY, JUNE 3rd. We will be open at night from 5pm to 6:45pm.
- The Financial Aid Office will be closing at 1pm on THURSDAY, JANUARY 22nd. We will be open at night from 5pm to 6:45pm.
Disclaimer: Some websites to which the Financial Aid Office provide links are for the convenience of users and are not managed or maintained by Los Angeles Mission College. The College and the Financial Aid Office do not review, control, or take responsibility for the contents of those sites.