Program Review Oversight Committee Charter
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
The purpose of the Program Review Oversight Committee is to:
- Provide systematic structure and guidelines to review, evaluate and enhance the quality of programs and units in each college division.
- Oversee the annual and comprehensive program review processes to ensure the review process is evaluative and descriptive and to ensure the results of the program review are consistently linked to institutional planning processes.
- Determine the standard procedures and schedules of self assessment and peer-validation to ensure the program review process is consistent across programs and units of all divisions.
- Ensure there is a meaningful linkage between program review and the following: student achievement and learning outcomes, service area outcomes, college strategic master plan and resource allocation.
- Provide workshops to educate users on program review tools and processes as needed.
- Assign validation teams for all comprehensive program reviews.
- Review, update and revise the Program Review Handbook as needed.
This Committee will be composed of the following voting members: (13)
- Co-Chairs of Educational Planning Committee (1 VP, one faculty)
- Co Chairs of Student Support Services Committee (1 VP, one faculty plus one *classified member appointed by the committee)
- Co-Chairs of Facilities Planning Committee (1 VP, one faculty plus one *classified member appointed by the committee)
- Academic Senate Appointee
- AFT Appointee
- Dean of Institutional Effectiveness
- Informational Technology representative
- One Department Chair (appointed by Council of Instruction)
- The Committee shall elect committee co-chairs
- * all classified members of their respective unions as appointed to each shared governance committee by their respective leadership
The Program Review Oversight Committee (PROC) is sanctioned by College Council and adheres to the College Code of Conduct.