Distance Education Approval Process
NOTE: DE classes CANNOT be scheduled in the galleys until all approval from Curriculum and Distance Education Committees have been obtained.
To be approved by the Curriculum Committee, all distance education courses must be reviewed by the Distance Education Committee, as outlined in the process below, before the posted deadlines.
- Courses are initiated by and approved at college level by faculty in the discipline and/or department/division/cluster.
- An Application to Teach Online is completed by faculty and submitted to the College Curriculum Committee.
- College Curriculum Committee reviews each proposed course offered through distance education, and forwards the application to the Distance Education (DE) Committee.
- The DE Committee evaluates the proposed course offered through distance education for training of instructor, content and rigor of course shell and other appropriate criteria established by the DE Committee, and forwards its recommendation for approval to the Curriculum Committee.
- The Curriculum Committee reviews the DE Committee recommendations and reaches a final decision on the approval of the proposed course offered through distance education.