Curriculum Approval Process
The steps below describe the course approval process through the ECD system.
Access the ECD homepage though the curriculum website, and obtain a login account by submitting a request from the ECD homepage.
- Log in to the ECD website using your log in password.
- Choose Update, Create, Archive or Reinstate a course as appropriate.
- Complete the required fields within the action you chose.
- Be sure to complete the SLO (section II), Library addendum and any prerequisite addendums (section VIII) required.
Submit completed ECD to Dept. Chair.
- Once ECD is completed, from your inbox click on the “Send To:” link. The ECD will be automatically routed to the appropriate Department Chair for their approval.
- Department Chair can send the ECD back to the originator if any items are missing or do not meet his/her approval.
Submit completed ECD to Supervising Dean.
- Once ECD is completed, from your inbox click on the “Send To:” link. The ECD will be automatically routed to the appropriate Supervising Dean for their approval.
- Supervising Dean can send the ECD back to the originator if any items are missing or do not meet his/her approval.
Submit completed ECD for Tech Review.
- Once ECD is completed, from your inbox click on the “Send To:” link. The ECD will be automatically routed to the Curriculum Chair for review.
- Curriculum Chair will route ECD for review by Librarian, SLO Coordinator and Articulation Officer and the Tech Review Committee.
Reviewed ECD returned to Originator
- Once ECD review is completed, it will be returned to the originator for editing.
- The review comments are posted on the ECD for use during the editing process.
Notify Curriculum Chair when editing is complete.
- When all the editing is complete, notify the Curriculum Chair by email so that he may move the ECD to the agenda for the Curriculum Committee review at the next scheduled meeting.
Approval by Curriculum Committee
- The Curriculum Committee will review the completed ECD and approve if all sections meet the requirements established by the committee.
- After approval by the Curriculum Committee, the ECD will be routed for review and signatures to the Curriculum Dean, Academic Senate President, V.P. of Academic Affairs and the College President.
- Once all signatures are completed, the ECD will be entered into the system and appear as the official outline for the course.
The flowchart below shows the curriculum approval process at Mission College.