College Council Committee Charter
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
- College Council oversees the coordination and development of institutional planning through shared governance committees and includes the development of procedures, policies, guidelines and evaluation criteria for reviewing the college’s mission and goals, establishing college priorities and reviewing the progress and effectiveness of shared governance committees. It provides recommendations to the College president on college matters and through the College president to the District on District matters.
- Review, revise and approve college mission and goals and recommend that College president send them to Board for approval
- Oversee timeline and assessment criteria for all unit plans
- Define annual college priorities that reflect the goals of the college and the assessment of college unit plans
- Coordinate and evaluate the effectiveness of College Council and the six advisory shared governance committees: Budget and Planning, Educational Planning, Facilities Planning, Student Services, Professional and Staff Development and Technology
- Receive, review, evaluate and act upon reports and recommendations to the College president from Shared Governance Committees
- Respond to requests from the president to study and make recommendations regarding a concern
- Define and implement communication mechanisms to regularly communicate meeting schedules, agendas and status of recommendations, policies and procedures to the college community, including College Council members’ constituents.
- Provide recommendations to the College president on college matters and through the College president to the District on District matters.
- Oversee college responses to all accreditation recommendations
- Administrative and elected Co-Chair of each of the shared governance committees (12)
- Academic Senate President or designee (1)
- AFT Chapter Chair or designee (1)
- Classified Representatives (4) One from each unit
- ASO representative (1)
- 19 Voting Members
- It is the responsibility of a member of College Council to attend each meeting and adhere to the College Code of Conduct. Members are responsible to disseminate committee information to their respective constituents.
- College Council is the central body of the shared governance process. Shared governance committees report and make recommendations to College Council. It reports and makes recommendations to the College President. It is authorized to form ad hoc subcommittees or task forces as needed. College Council will adhere to the College code of conduct.
- The Office of the President shall serve as the resource for administrative support.