Steps to Success
At LAMC, our aim is to help you reach your educational goals. Let LAMC help you in understanding the process.
Steps to Success for New and Returning Students:
If you are a new or returning student, these are the steps you need to take to get started at LAMC:
1. Admissions (818) 364-7885
- The Admissions application can be picked up and submitted in person at the Admissions Office. You may also apply on-line at www.lamission.edu then click on "Application for Admission".
2. Financial Aid (818) 364-7648
- Apply for financial aid on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Our federal school code is 012550. You may also pick up the application at the Financial Aid Office.
3. Assessment (818) 364-7613
- Assessment is required for all new students unless they are exempt*. LAMC offers assessments for English, English as a Second Language (ESL), and Math. Call or visit the Assessment Center (Campus Center 1529) for assessment times and dates.
4. Orientation (818) 364-7613
- Orientation presents important information about the college programs, policies, procedures, and services. Orientation also helps you to better understand the college Catalog, Schedule of Classes, and plan a course of study (Campus Center 1529).
5. Counseling (818) 364-7656
- Meeting with a counselor before registering in classes provides you with an opportunity to review your educational goals, research majors, plan courses, and develop a Student Educational Plan (SEP). Call or visit the Counseling Department for counseling appointment availability and/or drop-in hours.
6. Pay your registration fees at the Business Office.
- After enrolling in the first semester, you will continue to receive follow-up services such as choosing a major, preparing to transfer, further developing an SEP, and earning an Associate’s Degree and/or Certificate through the Counseling office. It is advised that you meet with a Counselor at least once a semester.