Program Review at L.A. Mission:
- It is a process to improve the teaching and learning environment that every person of the college community is committed to.
- It is required by the California Code of Regulations, Title V, Section 51022.
- It is required by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges.
- Develop systematic information about the college to foster communication and understanding.
- Improve the college through a process of self review.
- Support student success and progression through the college curriculum by assuring proper placement, retention, completion, transfer, graduation, participation in campus programs and the use of campus resources in the attainment of a quality student life experience.
- Provide an assessment of effective application of college mission and goals.
- Integrate the self-assessment findings into the college planning process.
- Support college functions of accreditation, matriculation, student equity and Faculty Position Identification and Prioritization (FPIP).
- Foster an appreciation of the value of college programs.
Program Review Documents
Comprehensive Program Review Validation Rubric (Click here)
Comprehensive Program Review Validation Template (Click here)
Comprehensive Program Review Cycle 2018-21(Click here)
Comprehensive Program Review 3-Year Plan (Click here)
Program Review Timeline Spring 2019 (Click here)
Comprehensive Program Reviews Summer 2015
Comprehensive Program Reviews Summer 2014
Comprehensive Program Reviews Summer 2013
Comprehensive Program Reviews Summer 2012
Comprehensive Program Reviews Summer 2011
What is the comprehensive program review?
Each unit is required to go through a comprehensive program review every three years where a department/division is assessed by a peer group and provides recommendations to improve program effectiveness. Students Services has divided their comprehensive program reviews by department on a cyclical schedule.