STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
- The purpose of the Student Support Services Committee (SSSC) is to guide the College in its effort to promote a supportive learning environment that encourages student success and personal development. The SSSC contributes to the quality of the student experience through a systematic cycle of evaluation, monitoring and review that serves to enhance and enrich student goals and contribute to the improvement of student learning. In addition, the Committee will make recommendations on issues that affect student services in order to contribute to student equity, access and success and the progress in the implementation of these plans for continued growth of the College.
- Develop, update and oversee approval and support the implementation of the Student Services Master Plan.
- Conduct comprehensive program review and validation of all support services and areas within Student Services.
- Review requests for a service area’s/program’s non-personnel, resource requests and send final recommendations to the Vice President of Student Services.
- Regularly review and evaluate student interaction and overall student experience.
- Regularly review and evaluate student needs and activities, as related to the purpose of the SSSC.
- Vice President of Student Services
- Dean of Student Services
- 1 Financial Aid Supervisor or designee
- 1 Admissions and Records Manager or designee
- 1 Counseling Faculty (appointed by Senate)
- 2 Faculty (1 appointed by Academic Senate, 1 appointed by AFT)
- 1 classified (AFT 1521a)
- 1 Associated Student Organization Student Leader
- 9 Voting members
- Resources (non-voting members): Dean of Student Success, CalWORKs. DSPS, EOPS, Outreach & Recruitment, Dean of Academic Affairs, Veterans Resource Center, International Students Program, Career Center, Transfer Center, SAO/SLO Coordinator
*The Co-Chairs of the SSSC shall be one administrator and one faculty member.
- Faculty and staff memberships are 2 year terms.
- Student membership is a one year term.
- Committee members may serve no more than 2 consecutive terms.
- Each member has the responsibility to attend each meeting and adhere to the college code of conduct.
- Members with 3 unexcused absences in a semester will be replaced by the appropriate constituent group.
- Members are responsible to disseminate committee information to their respective constituents.
- The Student Services Committee is one of 6 Standing Shared Governance Committees chartered and authorized by College Council. The Committee is authorized to form ad hoc subcommittees or task forces as needed.
- The Office of the Vice President of Student Services shall serve as the resource for administrative support.
sssc charter updated 2/21/2019