STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
- The purpose of this committee is to guide the college in its effort to provide support services to LAMCs student body that enhance and enrich their academic/educational goals and assist in the continued growth of the college. The Committee will make recommendations and/or policies that will accomplish these established objectives.
- Make recommendations to facilitate the Enrollment Management process.
- Review and evaluate campus wide student services that are provided to LAMCâ€™s student population.
- Review and evaluate all student activities related to the purpose of the committee.
- Developed benchmarks of the evaluation and assessment of enrollment growth and student satisfaction.
- Oversees Student Service Division Program Review and Validation.
- 1 Administrators (Vice President of Student Services)
- 2 Student Services Managers
- 3 Faculty (2 appointed by Academic Senate, 1 appointed by AFT)
- 1 AFT classified
- 1 ASO appointee
- 8 Voting members
Resource (non-voting members): DSPS, EOPS, Outreach Coordinator, & Financial Aid
- Faculty and staff memberships are 2 year terms.
- Student membership is a one year term.
- Resources to SSS Committee will serve a full two year term.
- Individuals on the committee may serve no more than 2 consecutive terms.
- Each member has the responsibility to attend each meeting and adhere to the college code of conduct.
- Members with 3 absences in a semester will be replaced by the appropriate constituent group.
- Members are responsible to disseminate committee information to their respective constituents.
- The Student Services Committee is one of 6 Standing Shared Governance Committees chartered and authorized by College Council. The Committee is authorized to form ad hoc subcommittees or task forces as needed.
- The Office of the Vice President of Student Services shall serve as the resource for administrative support.