- Explore STEM -- An introduction into what STEM is and the career opportunities that are available in these fields.
- Careers in Math -- Ready to look for a job? MAA Math Classifieds is available to help you find a career in the diverse field of mathematics. We invite you to explore this site to begin your job search.
- Career Corner Stone -- This is a resource for anyone interested in exploring career opportunities in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, computing, and healthcare. Explore over 185 degree fields and find out about education requirements, salaries, networking, precollege ideas, and career planning resources.
- CS Programs for Minorities -- This guide will help minority students understand why they should consider computer science, how they can explore and prepare before college, what to look for in a degree program, and how to afford a degree.
- Be An Engineer -- List of programs meant to inspire and prepare students to take on an important and rewarding career path in Engineer.
- National Action Committee for Minorities in Engineering -- Information on a STEM education and on becoming an engineer.
- Nursing by the Numbers -- In this info-graphic, we take a close look at up-to-date information surrounding various aspects of nursing in the United States.
- University Headquarters - The website shares information about degree options, careers and salaries, scholarships, organizations, etc. There are degree pathways for math and science, computer science, engineering, and other healthcare industries like nursing, dental hygienist, nutrition, radiology, healthcare administration, and kinesiology!
- What can I do with a Major in.. Science! - This website allows you to explore different careers within science.
Health & Medicine Resources
Pre-Health Information Sheets
These information sheets can give you some background information about a potential career in the health field. Please note that this information can change at any time. Please make an appointment with the STEM counselor for more information.y
- Explore Health Careers -- Here youâ€™ll find the latest health career information and tools to guide you as you prepare for a future in health care.
- MiMentor -- MiMentor is a national mentoring organization committed to mentoring the next generation of healthcare professionals. Our mission is to develop and support innovative mentorship opportunities that will inspire the next generation of healthcare leaders for underserved communities. Request an invite to join!
- Careers in Healthcare & the Life Science-- Here is a brochure with alternative careers in the healthcare industry.
- Aspiring Docs -- Aspiring Docs provides resources and inspiration to help you get started on your path to medicine. Learn how to get medically related experience, prepare for the application process, and get inspired by personal stories from medical students, residents, and physicians.
- FlexMed: Early Med School Admission -- Requirements and FAQs for the Donald and Vera Blinken FlexMed Program allows college sophomores in any major to apply for early assurance of acceptance to the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. Please refer to program requirements for mandatory courses.
- Choose DO -- Doctor of Osteopathic Medine is an alternative degree to becoming a physician. Osteopathic medicine is a distinct pathway to medical practice in the United States. Osteopathic medicine provides all of the benefits of modern medicine including prescription drugs, surgery, and the use of technology to diagnose disease and evaluate injury. It also offers the added benefit of hands-on diagnosis and treatment through a system of treatment known as osteopathic manipulative medicine. Osteopathic medicine emphasizes helping each person achieve a high level of wellness by focusing on health promotion and disease prevention.Doctors of Osteopathic Medicine, or DOs, are fully licensed physicians who practice in all areas of medicine. Emphasizing a whole-person approach to treatment and care, DOs are trained to listen and partner with their patients to help them get healthy and stay well. Learn more!
- Physical Therapy Program List -- In an effort to simplify the application process for prospective physical therapist (PT) students and to facilitate the admissions process for professional PT educational programs, APTA first launched the Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service (PTCAS) on August 1, 2008. PTCAS allows PT applicants to use a single Web-based application and one set of materials to apply to multiple PT programs.
- Occupational Therapy Program List -- Provides a list of institutions that offer entry-level master's programs that are accredited by the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education (ACOTE). On-site evaluations for program accreditation are conducted at 5 or 7 year intervals for initial accreditation and 5, 7, or 10 year intervals for continuing accreditation. The dates on this list indicate the academic year the next on-site evaluation is anticipated.
- Veterinary Programs & Prerequisite List -- The Summary of Course Prerequisites is designed to supplement admission information provided by each institution. The colleges to which you apply may have additional requirements not summarized in this table. Contact each institution to which you wish to apply for a college brochure.
What is Nursing?
Find a CA Nursing program
Johnson & Johnson Nursing Information
- NEW PARTNERSHIP WITH KGI in Claremont, California
- Pharmacy -- Is Pharmacy the right career for me? Learn more about the field.
-- Explore a career in nursing
Explore Health Careers in nursing
Nursing Workshop Information