Report Canvas Issue
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: How do I log into my online/hybrid course on Canvas?
A: All online/hybrid courses are accessed through the Student Information System (SIS).
To log in:
- Visit the SIS portal address at mycollege.laccd.edu
- Use your SIS username and password to log in. If you are a first-time user of SIS, follow the login instructions.
- Click on the "Canvas" navigation button to the right
Q: I recently registered for an online/hybrid course. When will I have access to Canvas?
A: You will not have access to Canvas on the same day you register for a course. It can take 1-2 business days after registration for you to be added to your Canvas course, if the semester has started. Otherwise, your Canvas access will begin on the first day of class.
Q: Classes have started and I still cannot see my Canvas course on the Dashboard. What should I do?
A: Please try these troubleshooting steps if you are certain you are properly enrolled in the course:
Q: How can I reset my password?
- Check your full course list by clicking on the "Courses" button on the left and then clicking the link for "All Courses."
- Be sure there is a star next to each course you want added to your dashboard. Contact your instructor to make sure the course is published.
A: Your password is the same password you used to register for your courses using the SIS Portal. To change your password, please visit the LACCD password reset page
. Or, for in-person assistance, please visit the Student Success Center located on the bottom floor of the Campus Center or call (818) 364-7779.