Q: How do I log into my online/hybrid course on Canvas?
A: All online/hybrid courses are accessed through the Student Information System (SIS). To log in:
Q: I recently registered for an online/hybrid course. When will I have access to Canvas?
- Visit the SIS portal address at mycollege.laccd.edu
- Use your SIS username and password to log in. If you are a first-time user of SIS, follow the login instructions.
- Click on the "Canvas" navigation button to the right
A: You will not have access to Canvas on the same day you register for a course. It can take 1-2 business days after registration to be uplaoded to your Canvas course, if the semester has started. Otherwise, your Canvas access will begin on the first day of class.
Q: Classes have started and I still cannot see my Canvas course on the Dashboard. What should I do?
A: Please try these troubleshooting steps if you are certain you are properly enrolled in the course:
- Check your full course list by clicking on the Courses button on the left and then clicking the link for "All Courses". Be sure there is a star next to each course you want added to your dashboard.
- Contact your instructor to make sure the course is published.