What kinds of jobs and careers are available if I get certificates in Culinary Arts, Restaurant Management and/or Professional Baking & Patisserie?
Obtaining certificates in Culinary Arts, Restaurant Management and/ or Professional Baking and Patisserie provides culinarians the tools they need to be successful in the back-of-the-house and front-of-the-house in both the hospitality and tourism industries. Los Angeles provides employment opportunities in all sectors of foodservice industry area is constantly growing and will continue to grow. Some career possibilities include positions in restaurants, night clubs, resorts, bakeries, hotels and institutions. There are many different kinds of kitchen organization structures and as a result, many position titles vary.
Prepares you for a career and employment as:
- Prep Cook/Line Cook
- Sous Chef
- Chef de Partie
- Pastry Chef
- Chef de Cuisine/Executive Chef
Industry Facts & Forecasts
- The number of jobs and careers for chefs, cooks and food preparation workers has increased 9-17% since 2004 and is projected to continue.
- 9% of employees in the US work in the restaurant industry.
- Over 70% of eating and drinking establishments are independently owned.
- Almost half of American adults have worked in the restaurant industry at one time.
COST OF CULINARY ARTS EDUCATION & TRAINING:
|Culinary Arts Institute @ Los Angeles Mission College
||$3,000 - $5,000*
|San Diego Culinary Institute
|Institute of Culinary Education (ICE)
||$35,000 to $ 40,000
|Culinary Institute of American (A.A. & B.A.)
||$55,000 to $125,000
|Art Institute of California (B.A.)
*Depends on California Community College (CCC) tuition and costs for finalized culinary arts program. This is still a greater value than other Culinary Arts Programs in Los Angeles area.