Cloud Computing – Amazon Web Services
Certificate of Achievement
Prepare for a rewarding career in the growing field of Cloud computing.
Cloud computing allows for the storage, management and processing of data using internet technologies known as “the Cloud”. Cloud computing is utilized by a wide variety of organizations, including small businesses, global corporations, government agencies and not-for-profits. Services available through Cloud computing include:
Prepare for Entry-Level Work in Just Two Semesters
- Creation of new apps and services
- Storage, backup and recovery of data
- Website and blog hosting
- Audio and video streaming
- Delivery of software on demand
- Analyzation of data for patterns and predictions
- In 2018, there were more than 83,000 jobs posted for occupations associated with Cloud computing in L.A. and Orange counties.
- More than 4,800 job postings included “AWS” as a desired skill for employment
- From 2014-2017, regional community colleges conferred, on average, 974 awards (associate degrees and certificates) annually in information technology.
Fall 2019 Courses
CIS 192 - Introduction to Cloud Computing (3 Units)
Online, 8-Week Course (8/26/19-10/20/19)
This course introduces the fundamentals of Cloud computing, including the different Cloud computing models: Infrastructure as a Service; Platform as a Service; and Software as a Service on the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. Review of the basic concepts of server, networking, storage and virtualization is covered. Industry trends of computing, storage and application migration to cloud computing is covered. Advantages and disadvantages of cloud computing are examined. Cloud careers and industry demand for cloud computing skills are listed.
CIS 193 - Database Essentials in Amazon Web Services (3 Units)
Online, 8-Week Course (10/21/19-12/15/19)
This course introduces AWS data storage services. It covers introduction of AWS database technologies and AWS block and object-based storage services. Students learn the principles of database design and management, AWS SQL and NoSQL database technologies. Students use principles of block and object-based storage options. They will study various use case scenario for AWS data storage services. The hands-on labs will allow them to apply the knowledge acquired.
Registration for fall 2019 is now open. New students must complete the online application. For more information about this program, please contact SampleM@lamission.edu