STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
- The purpose of the Budget and Planning Committee is to guide the college through the continual process of budget and strategic planning that includes the development of procedures, policies, guidelines, and evaluation criteria for establishing the allocation and/or reduction of expenditures and budgets. The process will include the systematic prioritization of budget requests and evaluation of expenditures.
- 3 Administrators (Vice Presidents or designee from Administrative Services, Student Services, Academic Affairs), Technology Dean
- 6 Faculty (3 appointed by Senate, 3 appointed by AFT)
- 2 AFT classified
- 1 Classified Supervisor
- 1 Classified Manager
- 1 ASO appointee
- 14 Voting members
Resource Table: Dean of Research and Planning, Adm. Service specialist (Non voting members)
- The Budget and Planning Committee is one of 6 Standing Shared Governance Committees chartered and authorized by College Council. The Committee is authorized to form ad hoc subcommittees or task forces as needed.
- Develop budget procedures, policies, guidelines and timelines
- Regularly report to College Council on current budget status and when necessary, the need to reduce expenditures
- Review and prioritize budget and funding requests
- Make budgetary recommendations to balance the budget
- Oversee the development of college responses to all budget and planning related accreditation recommendations
- Develop benchmarks for the evaluation and assessment of budget expenditures
- The Office of the Vice President of Administrative Services shall serve as the resource for administrative support.
- Faculty, Staff and Student memberships are 2 year terms.* Individuals on the committee may serve no more than 2 consecutive terms. No Faculty or Staff voting member may serve as a voting member on another shared governance committee concurrently.
- Each member has the responsibility to attend each meeting and adhere to the College Code Of Conduct. Members with 3 absences in a semester will be replaced by the appropriate constituent group. Members are responsible to disseminate committee information to their respective constituents.