CNA & HHA Courses
Nurse Assistant & Home Health Aide Certificate Required Courses:
- HLTHOCC 62: Skill Set for the Healthcare Professional (2 units)
- HLTHOCC 63: Basic Medical Terminology, Pathophysiology, and Pharmacology (2 units)
- HLTHOCC 64: Cultural and Legal Topics for the Healthcare Professional (1 unit)
- HLTHOCC 65: Fundamentals for the Healthcare Professional (2.5 units)
- ALLIED HEALTH 021: BASIC LIFE SUPPORT FOR THE HEALTHCARE PROVIDER (0.50 UNIT)
- Elective: Credit course (1 unit), effective Spring 2019
- NURSING 399A: NURSE ASSISTANT Training Program (6.00 UNITS effective Summer 2019; currently 5.00 UNITS) - Prerequisites: Math 105 and English 021 (or ESL 6A. Recommended Preparatory: HLTHOCC 062, 063, 064, & 065. Review LAMC 2018-2019 Catalog Addendum for details.
- NURSING 056: ESSENTIAL PRACTICAL SKILLS FOR NURSE ASSISTANTS (1.00 UNIT) - Corequisite: Nursing 399A. Recommended Preparatory: HLTHOCC 062, 063, 064, & 065.
- NURSING 399B: HOME HEALTH AIDE Training Program (2.00 UNITS) - Prerequisite: Nursing 399A. Recommended Preparatory: HLTHOCC 062, 063, 064, & 065.
How to qualify:
1) Review the Orientation Packet
and the Weekly Schedule
. Students must attend all days listed on the Weekly Schedule during the CNA-HHA program.
2) Attend the mandatory orientation; bring the orientation packet and application to the orientation. If you were not able to attend the Mandatory Orientation, you must send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a one-on-one appointment.
3) Submit the completed required documents (see orientation packet) to the Allied Health office. Incomplete documents are not accepted. The admissions is based on "first come first served" at this point.
4) If you are notified by the Allied Health Office that you qualify to enroll, follow the instructions below:
Send an email to the email@example.com providing the following information:
Student LACCD ID number
Semester & Year
Reimbursement & Tuition Assistance
Los Angeles Mission College was awarded a grant from Arthur Rupe Foundation (2017/2018) to support students enrolled in the CNA program. To review the details and apply for the stipend please review the APPLICATION FORM.