Composed of an Executive Board including District Academic Senate representatives plus representatives elected from faculty units, the Mission College Academic Senate is the organization charged by Title 5 of the California Educational Code to represent the faculty on academic and professional matters.
Senate Roles and Responsibilities: The "10 + 1"
1. Curriculum, including establishing prerequisites and placing courses in disciplines
2. Degree and certificate requirements
3. Grading policies
4. Educational program development
5. Standards or policies regarding student preparation and success
6. District and college governance structures as related to faculty roles
7. Faculty roles and involvement in accreditation processes, including self study and annual reports
8. Processes for faculty professional development activities
9. Process for program development
10. Process for institutional planning and budget development AND
11. Other academic and professional matters as mutually agreed upon
General meetings usually take place on the first Thursday of the month at 1:30 in room 5 of the CAI Arroyo Room. All faculty are invited to attend and participate in these meetings.
For information about this page please contact:
Deborah Paulsen, LAMC Academic Senate President
Academic New Policies Forms
1. Advanced - Course Policy
2. Request for Advanced - Course Status
3. Procedure to Modify Instructional Departments
4. Program Viability Review Policy